Today, more and more consumers have started realizing that they can be duped easily and are victims of frauds. Let us look at some examples.
Mr.Liyakat Ali, a resident of TN, India, ran an elaborate online matrimonial racket spanning four major metros of India and targeting gullible families. When the long arm of the law finally caught up with him, police were surprised to find that he had cheated over 37 women living in various cities across the country.
In another case, early this year, tampering of land records in another city, Pune, India led to developers building ambitious projects on tribal land. When the scam was unearthed, the developers had vanished and hundreds of investors were left in the lurch.
All across India, such disturbing cases are rampant and it is only now that authorities are waking up to the threat of sham marriages and land grab cases. However, with a little more care and caution, such cases can be avoided and the hard-earned money of consumers can be saved.
There are a variety of service providers who conduct a background check on an individual. The various kinds of verification services an individual can conduct on another person are:
1. Address verification: Address verification is the need of the day as it authenticates and proves the genuineness of a person. It includes verification of details such as name of a person, relationship, ownership details of the house and period of stay in that particular location and matches it to the details provided by the person.
2. Employment Verification: Whether you are a parent searching a match for your son or daughter or a landlord renting out your precious house to a tenant, getting the employment details of the concerned person verified will ease your worries and unburden you from future worries. Also you are assured of the fact that the verified person has a regular source of income, as he has quoted.
3. Education Verification: False educational claims are one of the most common background check issues. Verification Services can conduct a check on the applicants educational background to verify his or her Educational Claims. This helps you in taking the correct decision when it comes to hiring or placing confidence in the applicant.
4. Passport Verification: Fake or Forged passports are a part of identification theft and play a major role in most types of frauds like financial crimes, Identification theft, and illegal immigration. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to verify the Passport or identity of a person to avoid any association with criminals and their associated fraudulent activities.
5. Marital Status Verification: With the increase in popularity of online marriage communities, cases of individuals fabricating their marital status is also on rise. Verifying your prospective partners marital status not only relieves you of a burden but also help build a bond of trust with them.
No person wants to hire a felon as an employee or marry someone who lies about their marital status or employment status. An individual can be sure of another only after certain details about them are verified.